Saturday, April 28, 2018

SIMPLIFY



In my writings, I purposefully try not to use "Christianese" and "Churchianity" very often because it is my desire to reach the unchurched as well as the churched, the unsaved as well as the saved. So, I use a language or words that will translate into understanding regardless to who reads it. Church people and even Kingdom people think that everybody should readily know what we are referencing when we use our familiar terms.

I might say "tell your story" instead of testify.

I might say "try Him" instead of trust Him when no relationship has been established.

I might use "pay close attention to" instead of discern .

Jesus was approachable and easy to be entreated when He walked the earth. So, we should remove every hindrance to a soul coming to the Father or learning of Him.

To go higher is to continue to strip off every form of godliness that would so easily "beset" (confuse, delay, deceive)  us or others.

SIMPLIFY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment